All Active & Upcoming Projects
This posting is also the third installment of a series on the what, why, and how of Climate Restoration and my involvement in projects to advance it. Here are Part 1 and Part 2. And here’s a link to the “meter-free” page at Medium where you can comment.
ClimateChangesEverything.org offers stories, resources, and connections to help you get your hopes up about our future, spotlights solutions and activities around restoring our climate to pre-industrial quality levels, and presents personal stories of how people came to make reversing global warming and restoring our climate their goals. We hope you’ll want to add your stories and help advance these projects or spread the word.
Active projects (alphabetically)
- ClimateHope Media Project
In 2019, we worked with Grist to sponsor six articles on climate restoration solutions and perspectives. We suggested the topics and Grist’s editorial team wrote the stories, with content and financial support from the Foundation for Climate Restoration. Next, from our networks, we’ll recruit a volunteer project manager, and then hire a crowdfunding consultant to develop a Patreon community to fund monthly articles. Our model goes like this: Grist profiles opinion leaders, entrepreneurs, and media figures about their perspective on climate restoration. Then ClimateChangesEverything follows up with an interview/ dialogue packaged as a video, a podcast, and a transcript.
- Climate Restoration Emergency Action Bipartisan Presidential Candidates Report Card
In partnership with Build A Movement 2020, we’re ranking leading candidates on their climate goals. By scoring them on more advanced criteria than other rating systems, we’ve begun influencing campaigns to respond more ambitiously to the scope, scale, and timing of our climate emergency. We’re now seeking partners to continue this process in the context of our proposed Climate Election strategy.
- Climate Projects Manager: Anna Michel started in August 2019 as our first CPM, working part-time with Felix Kramer, writing articles and reaching out to over 1,200 people he knows, as an introduction to Climate Restoration and invitation to collaborate. She has more recently started working part-time with her other CRM, a Silicon Valley environmental entrepreneur, writing articles and planning for social media and events with his team. As of early 2020, she’s a salaried employee with both mentors! We’re now collaborating with Climate.Careers leadership to recruit more CPMs, especially in young, diverse groups like the Sunrise Movement’s Bay Area hub.
- SF Bay Area Climate Restoration Initiatives Directory: In September 2018 we launched this list of Bay Area projects, organizations, companies, and supporting institutions working to reverse global warming and restore our climate. It’s now hosted by the SF Bay Area Climate Restoration Circle.
- UltraWealth for Climate Health: We’re beginning to network with successful climate-aware entrepreneurs and ultra-high net-wealth individuals who may be open to a new challenge. Speeding up recognition and adoption of safe, scalable solutions to reverse global warming and restore a healthy climate can be their most compelling startup ever. And we hope some of them will be intrigued by the chance to work with their own Climate Projects Manager!
Projects for 1-2 people to develop & launch (alphabetically)
- Briefing Presidential Advisors Can Add Hope to the Climate Debate: We plan to invite advisors to a unique Bay Area briefing about reversal and restoration projects so their candidates can start telling inspiring climate stories on the campaign trail. This nonpartisan event will be accompanied by local fundraisers organized by climate-focused supporters of each candidate, featuring their campaign climate policy advisor as a featured surrogate.
- Climate activists’ cohort at Living Room Conversations: Small groups could join each other in one or several sessions of Living Room Conversations. See our Google Doc proposal.
- ClimatePolitics wiki: For the 2016 election, a team-built a crowdsourced encyclopedia on what candidates and incumbents say and do about climate change as a proof of concept. Bill McKibben called it “a useful resource,” and we got compliments from Mike Brune and Bill Maher. Now we invite one or more partners to use our platform to refocus on 2020.
- Drawdown wiki: We developed a wiki to explore and expand the world we can imagine from Drawdown’s solutions. We need a few people to develop and promote it. The prototype is at (unofficial) DRAWDOWN wiki.
Link-less projects also needing volunteers (alphabetically)
- BecauseClimate: A portal that brings together all the projects and people working for Global Warming Reversal/ Climate Restoration.
- Carbontech networking: Connecting with people about Climate Restoration at the Airminers Carbon Removal Slack group, Climate Change + Tech and ClimateLink Meetups and other networking venues.
- Plug-in hybrid campaign archive: A leading institution will host an archive of the successful campaign to get automakers to build PHEVs. (Felix Kramer founded CalCars.org in 2002 and declared initial victory in 2009.) We’re looking for a volunteer or paid consultant to launch a crowdfunding campaign for the archive and conference, commemorating a decade since the Chevy Volt first arrived.
- SFBA Meets CR: We want to organize meetings and make connections among San Francisco Bay Area organizations, communities, advocates, and activists working on Climate Restoration. (Starting with the groups at Briefing Presidential Climate Advisors).